FemiScan is a unique concept for clinical and home treatment of urinary incontinence.
FemiScan product family is a series of biofeedback devices designed by Mega Electronics in collaboration with leading gynecologists and physical therapists (patents).
- Effectiveness of FemiScan therapy has been proven by both scientific and clinical studies. Approximately eight (8) out of ten (10) urinary incontinence cases can be cured by using the method being utilized on FemiScan. Further, the continence increases in almost 100% of the cases.
- Risk-free and painless method to treat urinary incontinence. FemiScan is a natural choice with no harmful side-effects. FemiScan users consider this to be a pain-free treatment method.
- Unique technology. One button operation and patented voice interactive feedback make FemiScan effective and easy to use for users of all ages. At the moment FemiScan is the most advanced biofeedback device on the market.
- In USA there is no cost for the patient. The cost for the treatment is completely covered by Medicare, Private Insurances and Union Plans.
- Rehabilitation after childbirth. Postnatal rehabilitation is advisable to start from pelvic floor muscles in order to prevent urinary incontinence and some muscle injuries. FemiScan therapy also increases vaginal tone after delivery.
How it works
FemiScan devices (excluding FemiScan Stim) monitor and records muscle activity of each contraction of the pelvic floor muscles by using EMG-signals. The method offers accurate and fast measuring of pelvic floor muscle activity. Based on the measurement Home Trainer / Multi Trainer gives direct verbal feedback to guide the user towards correct exercising technique.
At the clinic, the medical professional can transfer the stored results to his/her computer, set new training goals and upload them into the FemiScan Home Trainer or Multi Trainer. Individualized training program and interactive verbal monitoring increase user compliance and are responsible for the significant increase in contraction strength and the decreased incontinence seen in case-controlled clinical trials.
Despite of modification possibilities it is possible to use FemiScan devices independently at home by a person suffering from urinary incontinence.
All that FemiScan user needs to do is to set the electrode in its place, put the headphones on, start the program by pressing the FemiScan button and follow the verbal instructions given through the headphones.
In the beginning of every training session FemiScan determinates the relaxation target level and the exercise target level. This is followed by the default or individualized program, which can be adjusted at the clinic by using FemiScan software. FemiScan Home Trainer / Multi Trainer saves data from every contraction into its memory where it can be downloaded and analyzed at the clinic.
The clear results from Femiscan therapy can normally be seen after training of 8–12 weeks. However positive changes usually occur after regular training of a few weeks. To reach permanent results it is recommended to repeat the therapy period once a year.
FemiScan Therapy Outcome (PDF, 235KB)
FemiScan devices for home use
FemiScan Home Trainer is an interactive biofeedback device for women. Home Trainer monitors muscle activity during every contraction and saves data from every training session. The instrument is primarily designed for the treatment of stress incontinence. However it works well for urge and mixed incontinence too.
Home Trainer is the right choice when rehabilitating pelvic floor muscles after childbirth.
Home Trainer has been designed to be extremely easy-to-use, safe and hygienic, thereby it is suitable for home use. In addition, Home Trainer can be used at the clinic where it is possible to assess the results and adjust the training program with the healthcare professional.